Ranorex Queries

Ask general questions here.
kavya13

Ranorex Queries

Post by kavya13 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Hello Team,

Kindly let me know,

1) How to run multiple test suites/projects inside a solution?

2) I am able to generate the HTML report but it is associated with parallel ( css and xsl) file to render it.
a. Is there a way I can only open HTML file without css and xsl file placed in parallel folder just like ranorex compressed report(rxzlog) which opens in ranorex viewer?
b. How to correctly send an HTML report after triggering the project via Jenkins?

3) Executing Command on Command prompt using ranorex: I am able to launch ranorex using command line , is there a way to execute some command in command prompt using ranorex while executing test.
a. Is there a direct way to access command line inside Ranorex?

4) Attaching PDFs and other test file with test suite: I have common use case in which I want to bind separate test files like PDFs with test suite.
a. How to link/access test specific data inside a project (like pdf file, registry files, etc)?

5) Do we need to push all the files to the git repository or selective files will be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex Queries

Post by odklizec » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 am

Hi
1 ) How to run multiple test suites/projects inside a solution?
Running multiple test suites is managed by test sequence file. You can read more about it here:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... estsuites/
Is there a way I can only open HTML file without css and xsl file placed in parallel folder just like ranorex compressed report(rxzlog) which opens in ranorex viewer?
Nope. You must either use Ranorex report viewer, or you must distribute all HTML-related files (i.e. css, xsl, etc...). If you want to send HTML based report, you must write a script, that will compress all HTML report files and send them in a compressed format. And of course, you must then instruct people how to uncompress them.
Is there a direct way to access command line inside Ranorex?
You can use cmd parameters in Ranorex studio via project Properties dialog...
cmdparams.png
cmdparams.png (32.09 KiB) Viewed 50 times
How to link/access test specific data inside a project (like pdf file, registry files, etc)?
You can use the approach described here:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... port[quote]
5) Do we need to push all the files to the git repository or selective files will be sufficient?[/quote]
You should push all files project-related files to source control of your choice. Of course, you can ignore everything in reports, bin and obj folders.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration