Ranorex recorder combobox issue

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
kar.sindhu

Ranorex recorder combobox issue

Post by kar.sindhu » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Hello,

I am trying to automate our company's windows app using Ranorex Recorder.
When I did the Recording I clicked on a dropdown box and selected an item from the dropdown menu, now when I replayed this recording it takes a long time to do this automation.
Sometimes it selects the item from the Combo box after a great delay of (3-4 minutes), and sometimes it just times out. I even tried increasing the timeout value but does not help much.

The main problem is that during a playback the Ranorex Test Run just sits there for a really long time searching for item 'text' in 'List1000’.
I looked up for the item being searched in ‘List1000’ it’s there in the list but still it just sits there searching for it for a really long time and mostly just times out and fails.

Currently we are using the Trail version of Ranorex to see if we can use this tool for automating our company’s windows and web apps.

I personally like Ranorex and the features it provides, but this is where I am getting stuck.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sindhu.

MarkusT

Re: Ranorex recorder combobox issue

Post by MarkusT » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 am

Hello Sindhu,

Could you please post a compressed report and a Ranorex Snapshot of your application?
Hint: right-click on your *.rxlog file and select 'Compress' to create a compressed report file (*.rxzlog).

This would help us in analyzing your issue.
Please take a look at our User Guide for more information on how to create snapshot files.

Regards,
Markus (T)