Ranorex records the actions only with help of Mouse Clicks

Ask general questions here.
avinashkasipathy

Ranorex records the actions only with help of Mouse Clicks

Post by avinashkasipathy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Hello Every one,

Is Ranorex records the user action with help of mouse clicks ? If we change the mouse co -ordinates in the code then it is unable to identify the UI elements. Can any one let me know is this tool runs based on the mouse co-ordinates.

Do we have any other possibility to identify the Flex UI elements other than mentioning the Mouse Co ordinates (Instead of Mouse Co ordinate can we mention the objects )?

Ciege

Re: Ranorex records the actions only with help of Mouse Clicks

Post by Ciege » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Since I have not done any Flex testing I can't answer this authoritatively, but (like everything else in Ranorex) I do not believe you are limited to coordinate based testing. It should be object based.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex records the actions only with help of Mouse Clicks

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:33 am

To recognize flash/flex elements correctly (in Internet Explorer) the Ranorex Automation Lib has to be loaded with your application.

You can do this by loading your flash file with the Ranorex Loader or include the Ranorex Lib: Kind regards,
Gabor
Ranorex Support Team