Ranorex Remote: No package creation and publishing

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
uschumac

Ranorex Remote: No package creation and publishing

Post by uschumac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:01 am

Hi,

remote test execution is canceled right after building, but before creating the package and publishing. If I start again, everything is fine. This happens frequently and is quite annoying. Any idea what the problem is? Maybe there is a log entry to check?

(Ranorex Studio 8.0.0 / RanorexRemoteAgent 3.0.3)

Thanks in advance

uschumac

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Remote: No package creation and publishing

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi uschumac,

This is odd behavior. I presume on the first run, the test never makes it to the remote machine to be executed. Most Agent issues are tied to network/port issues and these are always the first thing I check. Ensure the below ports are open on both machines, and anything in between the machines (router, physical firewall, etc..).
  • TCP: 8081, 29189
  • UDP: 10000, 10001
Also, this may be a permission issue. Ensure Ranorex Studio and the remote agent are running with elevated privileges, and UAC is disabled. Furthermore, to see if this is a solution specific issue, see if this issue can be duplicated in a new Ranorex solution.

If you continue to experience issues, the following log files may provide more information:
  1. Ranorex Studio trace logs: %userprofile%\Documents\Ranorex\Logs\RanorexStudio.log (viewable in notepad)
  2. Ranorex Agent logs
    agentlog.png
I hope this helps and I look forward to your findings!

Cheers,
Ned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.