Ranorex runtime license 4.0.4.23593 is not identifying few o

Ask general questions here.
shellBPA

Ranorex runtime license 4.0.4.23593 is not identifying few o

Post by shellBPA » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 am

Hi,

We are using Ranorex Developer version 4.0.5.24508 (OS - Windows Vista) and writing our scripts and we execute them on our servers which have Ranorex runtime license with version 4.0.4.23593(OS - Windows 7) and scripts were executing without any issue.Recently Chrome got updated to 31.0.1650.57 m and then we see in few of our servers Ranorex runtime is not able to identify few objects.
All the servers we have are having same Ranorex runtime version and Google chrome version but it is surprising that it is identifying on few and not on few.
I am attaching the snapshot taken on the server and local machine(where Ranorex 4.0.5.24508).

In the Attached screenshot Ok and Cancel button is not identified.

Please let me know if you need anyother info.

Thanks,
Shell BPA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Re: Ranorex runtime license 4.0.4.23593 is not identifying few o

Post by krstcs » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:49 pm

You should generally be running the same version of Ranorex on the development and runtime systems.

Different versions of Ranorex may not recognize objects in the same way and can lead to issues such as the one you are experiencing.

Please update all installations of Ranorex to the same version and see if that solves your problem.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

shellBPA

Post by shellBPA » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I have upgraded runtime license to 4.0.5.24508 that is same as Ranorex developer version. I still get the issue.
Is it something to do with identifying objects on Chrome 31?

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:45 pm

What technology is being used in the system under test? Java, HTML, Silverlight, etc.

Do you receive any "Technology Limitation" warnings from Ranorex when you start the tests, or in your reports? If so, it could be that you have not instrumented the system correctly.

Are you running Chrome in "Incognito" mode? If so, you have to go into Chrome's settings and set the Ranorex Addon to be enabled in Incognito mode (this is OFF by default).

Also, could you post a snapshot of the application under test, the project file and a report file showing the issue? (If not, could you post a sample app/project/report that shows the same issue?)

I'm not sure if Ranorex 4.0.5 supports Chrome 31, as there is no mention of 31 in the release notes. Could you upgrade to 4.1.3 (newest version, specifically supports Chrome 32) and see if it works?
Shortcuts usually aren't...

shellBPA

Post by shellBPA » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 am

Most of the controls in our application are Telerik controls and maps.

Idon't get any Technology Limitation warning.

Chrome is not running in "Incognito" mode.

I have already attached the snapshot of the dialog in which buttons are not getting identified. I have also added the snapshots taken by Ranorex when running the scripts.

Now I am ataching report file please see if it can help you.

We are using Ranorex 4.0.5 on Chrome 31 on other machines( 5 machines with Ranorex developer license and 4 machines with Ranorex runtime license, we ar facing this issue on 3 machines with Ranorex runtime license , on 4 th machine we are able to run scripts without any issue)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shellBPA

Post by shellBPA » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 am

The control used for dialog in which buttons are not getting identified is "standard Chrome JavaScript confirmation dialog".

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Hello,

This issue occurs since the MSAA (oleacc.dll) was not registered correctly in Windows.
In order to fix it, please try out the following steps:

• Open Windows start menu
• Enter the following command line in the ‘Search Field’: cmd.exe
• Right-click on cmd.exe and select ‘Run as Administrator’ to open the console as administrator.
• Enter the following command into your console

Code: Select all

Regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\oleacc.dll
Regards,
Markus (T)