Ranorex Runtime license

Ask general questions here.
acates

Ranorex Runtime license

Post by acates » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello Everyone:

My company is trying to make an informed purchasing decision about Ranorex. We have the following questions:
  • 1. Is there a Trial version of the Ranorex Runtime license...?

2. If we can not get a trial version of the Ranorex Runtime license, is there any down side to installing the 30-day Trial version of the Ranorex Premium Edition on a TS (Terminal Server) to test how well multiple Ranorex generated EXEs (executables) will run...?
Please let me know your thoughts and Happy Thanksgiving to those of us who celebrate this holiday...!!!

AC

Ciege

Re: Ranorex Runtime license

Post by Ciege » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 am

1) I dunno, support will have to help you here...

2) If you install a trial version of Ranorex and run the compiled EXEs on that machine it would be the same as running the compiled EXEs on a machine with only the Runtime license installed. It's all the same engine underneath so to speak. The runtime license just does not allow things like the Studio or Spy to run on that machine. So no development...

And yes, happy turkey day to all here in the states who celebrate such things!
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

acates

Post by acates » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Ciege: Thanks for your reply and appreciate your support in the forum...!

Ranorex Support: Please reply to these two questions as well....

Thanks,

AC

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:23 pm

The "official" reply is pretty much the same as Ciege's:

There is no separate installation package for the Ranorex runtime, nor for the trial. The installation package you get for the "trial" download is the normal Ranorex setup, containing the fully-functional Ranorex software. The installed license decides which parts of the software (Ranorex Runtime, Spy, Recorder, Studio) you can use on your machine (see http://www.ranorex.com/product/editions.html).

If you don't install a license, you have 30 days to try out the complete Ranorex software, i.e. all parts mentioned above. Consequently, there is no downside of using the "trial" setup to test Ranorex runtime. The only thing that you won't get when a runtime license is installed (apart from the ability to start Spy, Recorder, Studio) is the nag-screen coming up every time you start an executable :-)

If the nag-screen is a problem for your test, you can also contact sales_at_ranorex.com and ask for an extended-trial-key.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team