Ranorex scripts not updating string values : v.7.0

Bug reports.
User avatar
Naplespoet
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:12 am

Ranorex scripts not updating string values : v.7.0

Post by Naplespoet » Tue May 09, 2017 7:30 pm

I cant find answer or similar issue :

I have a string where innerText value is "True" and script fails due to me needing to say "False"
So the validate attribute on repo item value is set to "False"

save

cleaned build
rebuild
build

I try all this stuff and yet when it runs it still fails because its looking for "True" when i changed the value to false, I havent had this problem before until upgrade, so I am now on 7.0.1 and still the same issue this is causing issues with my entire test case library.

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: Ranorex scripts not updating string values : v.7.0

Post by Support Team » Tue May 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Hello Naplespoet,

Can you elaborate more on "script fails due to me needing to say "False""? Are you trying to validate this element's value is equal to "False"?

Please provide a screenshot of the exact error you are receiving and the recording module with the validation action so we can better understand your situation.

Kind Regards,
Ned
.
Image

User avatar
Naplespoet
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:12 am

Re: Ranorex scripts not updating string values : v.7.0

Post by Naplespoet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:14 pm

So i figured this out a while back sorry for the late update.

So if you had a value to type into text field lets say in this example user name is hard coded to say "Admin"
save the change and run the script it runs and types in "Admin".

now if you went and updated your script to type "Administrator" into a text field for user name and did a build.

once that script ran it would still think the value that was hard coded was "Admin" not "Administrator".

essentially what the issue was local time on the machine... I did a lot of digging and some of the scripts change local time to future time (+1 day etc) and for some reason once time started getting manipulated, Ranorex would not see the new saved values and use the old ones... i think it had something to do with version control and local system time. It sounds weird but once i reset all the time cleaned up version control and made the changes correctly time wise it worked fine.

hope that makes sense.