Ranorex Spy 3.0 Nt Recognizing RowDetailsTemplate

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
rhoff999

Ranorex Spy 3.0 Nt Recognizing RowDetailsTemplate

Post by rhoff999 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:03 pm

We have a Silverlight 4.0 Web Application that uses the Telerik RAD Silverlight controls. Using the RAD Grid control, we implemented a RowDetailsTemplate / DataTemplate so that a row can be expanded to see more information or even make changes.

The Spy Control does not recognize the RowDetailsTemplate / DataTemplate, the last element in the path is the Grid row/cells themselves.

I have also validated that the Spy tool does the same (does not recognize) the same implementation on the Telerix demo of the same thing, located at http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#G ... /FirstLook

If you use Spy against this site, you will see it does not recognize the Details/Orders/Performance Chart Detail panel.

I have also included the snapshot of the Telerik demo site so you can see what I have an issue with.

This is somewhat critical, as a portion of our application uses this RowDetailsTemplate / DataTemplate feature to squeeze data entry into tight real estate and it is very effective, yet we cannot automate the testing of it at this time.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Bob Hoffman

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Spy 3.0 Nt Recognizing RowDetailsTemplate

Post by Support Team » Wed May 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi,

Sorry but this seems to be a Telerik bug. Ranorex is based on UIAutomation framework of Microsoft and it seems to be that the UIAutomation implementation of Telerik for this control is broken. We are not able at the moment to track the elements in the details tab. In a future version of Ranorex this should be possible, because we want to implement our own WPF Plug-In.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team