Ranorex Spy Can't Detect Inner Controls

Bug reports.
yanivps

Ranorex Spy Can't Detect Inner Controls

Post by yanivps » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 am

I know i posted it in Automation Tools Forum but i also see it as a bug and i prefer that Ranorex developers will check this out..

The screenshot here shows that Ranorex Spy could not detect any of the TextBoxes \ RadioButtons which we can see that exist in Kaspersky main window.

Can it be that program may hide it's controls from being detected?
As i see it, if my "Windows" OS lets me enter input in these fields they are recognized by the OS and therefore they should also be detected by Spy Tools..

Can someone please explain me what is going on here and how i can enter data in these fields and invoke the buttons in this window

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Spy Can't Detect Inner Controls

Post by Support Team » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:34 am

Hi,

to provide information about the controls, please post a snapshot of the application.

With the snapshot we can get e.g. information about the used technology and tell what the problem could be.

Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team

yanivps

Post by yanivps » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Here is the snapshot:
the file is a rar which includes 2 snapshot files for each kaspersky item was in the UI tree (as you can see in the screenshot, i had 2 items in the tree that were somehow connected to kaspersky)
http://www.2shared.com/file/wW_cLlj5/ka ... pshot.html
i also suggest you to download the trail version of kaspersky 2012 and check it on you testing environment..

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi,

please try to add everything depending to Ranorex to the exception list (exclusion rules) of Kaspersky and try once again.
Maybe this helps.

Meanwhile I try to setup a Kaspersky installation on a virtual box.

Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team

yanivps

Post by yanivps » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Support Team wrote:Hi,

please try to add everything depending to Ranorex to the exception list (exclusion rules) of Kaspersky and try once again.
unfortunately, it didn't work..
i am sure you will understand what is going on over there only if you install it in your machine like you said.
please notify for anything new on this issue..

thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi,

After watching on Kaspersky with our developers we found out that we need MSAA support to get out information on the controls.
Can you talk to a developer to activate support for MSAA?

If not, try to fill in the activation key with a keysequence (with a keysequence it is also possible to enter a tab for switching to the next control in tab order).

Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team

yanivps

Post by yanivps » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Support Team wrote:Hi,

After watching on Kaspersky with our developers we found out that we need MSAA support to get out information on the controls.
Can you talk to a developer to activate support for MSAA?

If not, try to fill in the activation key with a keysequence (with a keysequence it is also possible to enter a tab for switching to the next control in tab order).

Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team
sorry for my ignorance but i could not understand what you meant by talk to a developer to active support for MSAA

1. did you mean that i should talk to a Kaspersky developer ? - I am afraid it is not applicable
2. can you give me some more details why it is imposible to do it at this state?
3. can you give me some info about MSAA and what makes it different from other way to inspect controls

that other way you suggested, i can't afford this because i really need 100% of success even when the user press any key accidently..

you sure there is no other way to access inner controls ?

by the way: as i see it, the UI in kaspersky is written over Qt framework?
why can't ranorex spy tool detect those QWidgets ?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi,

Ranorex is able to access QT with enabled MSAA support for the software. Try to set up the Ranorex QT accessibility plugin to get that MSAA support.

If there are custom QT controls, the developer has to implement the MSAA accessibility.

Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team