Ranorex Spy : is it working for mobile ?

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
mraurelien

Ranorex Spy : is it working for mobile ?

Post by mraurelien » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi,
I'm playing arround with Ranorex since few days. Now i have my application instrumented by code (android app). Actually i can see my device displayed on Ranorex Studio and my application show up in the Instrumented Apps section. But it seems that i can just "start the application" and nothing else.
I tried on APK instrumented by wizard tool and another application instrumented manually by code. Both apps does not display nodes like the element s displayed on the PC side. So i can't spy anything related to mobile apps.

Is it a limitation of the spy app or something is wrong on my workstation ?

qwertzu

Re: Ranorex Spy : is it working for mobile ?

Post by qwertzu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi,

So you can only start the application and it crashes?
Or do you mean you see the elements (buttons etc.) on your device but you just can not track them via spy?

If second, you can try to set Tree simplification to "False" within the instrumentation wizard settings.

regards,
qwertzu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mraurelien

Post by mraurelien » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:23 pm

No it does not crash. I can't spy anything on mobile.
I don't have any node like [+] before the name of my app that is listed in "Instrumented Apps"... :(

In fact i cannot use the wizard for instrumenting my app. It fails. So i have used code to do it.

qwertzu

Post by qwertzu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:04 am

Hi,
In fact i cannot use the wizard for instrumenting my app. It fails.
What exactly does "fail" ?

Nevertheless, you could try to turn off "tree simplification" via code:
Therefore, add the corresponding option to the manifest.xml file in order to set the flag (See Screenshot).

I hope, this will help.

regards,
qwertzu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.