Ranorex Spy not able to track toolbars or tree items

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
Vrinda

Ranorex Spy not able to track toolbars or tree items

Post by Vrinda » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello,

I am new to testing so please forgive any mistakes in terminologies and understanding.

I am trying to test a web-app. Problem is the Spy selects the whole window but no other toolbars or tree items.I did refer a post on similar problem being faced with 3.0 in the forum because it seemed similar to issue I am facing but the solution provided in that post, which was re-installation of Ranorex,unfortunately did not serve my purpose.

I am testing using Ranorex 6.1 on Windows 10.

Attached is a zipped folder having the ranorex snapshot (Web_Testing_Failure) and also a normal screenshot(Additional_Information.png) of the issue.

Eagerly awaiting replies.

Thanks.
Attachments
Test_Failure.zip
(230.59 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex Spy not able to track toolbars or tree items

Post by odklizec » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi,

Apparently, the page you are trying to automate is Flash-based and most probably not instrumented properly, so Ranorex cannot access individual Flash elements. This is what I got after reviewing your snapshot:
Flash_instumentation.png
Flash_instumentation.png (71.29 KiB) Viewed 588 times
For more details about Flash/Flex instrumentation, please check this user guide chapter:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... sting.html

Additionally, there seems to be dicabled/not installed Ranorex addon in your instance of IE. This should not have impact on element recognition, but it could make it significantly slower! So you should definitely enable Ranorex addon in IE.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration