Ranorex Spy not recognizing all elements?

Ask general questions here.
djpflug23

Ranorex Spy not recognizing all elements?

Post by djpflug23 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi,

I've been working with Ranorex for a couple months now, and usually can figure these types of things out on my own, but this has me stumped. I am using image recognition to try to find if there are error notifications on the screen, then using the images to move the mouse, hover, and validate the text of the tool tip that appears. This has worked for the past few weeks, but I am at a new form that has some of these in a table, and Ranorex does not seem to be able to see the error bubbles. I have attached a screenshot of what the table actually looks like, as well as a Ranorex snapshot. Am I doing something wrong, or is Ranorex just missing them? Thanks!

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Spy not recognizing all elements?

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:32 am

Hi,

Please update to the latest version of Ranorex (3.0.1). We improved the limitation pop-ups and maybe you get now one of these. It seems you have not enough privileges to retrieve the elements of your application. Therefore please take a look to following link
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c3250

Please try to track this bubbles again with Ranorex 3.0.1. If it is even not possible to get the bubbles, it could be that this elements are user drawn and therefore Ranorex can't get this elements.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

djpflug23

Re: Ranorex Spy not recognizing all elements?

Post by djpflug23 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. It looks like they must be user drawn, because I'm still not able to see them in 3.0.1. Fortunately I was able to find a work-around where I didn't need to find the images. Thanks again.