Ranorex Spy Not Tracking

Ask general questions here.
E_Weav

Ranorex Spy Not Tracking

Post by E_Weav » Mon May 18, 2020 9:19 pm

So I'm encountering some issues with Ranorex when helping a coworker. We have created a test suite in a mess around solution using recordings/items we have already tracked; however, whenever he would try to run the test suite, it would open chrome, but just sit there. Poking around, I noticed that I am unable to track items. When in spy and tracking, the red indicator box doesn't appear.

I have browsed other solutions
  • Made sure resolution was good
  • Checked to make sure that the Ranorex extension was working in incognito mode
  • Made sure Ranorex was being run as admin
  • Checked DPI settings
  • Uninstalled/reinstalled Ranorex
When he was in our other solutions, he can highlight existing repo items fine. I even moved his test suite into an existing solution and was able to run it fine. When I used SPY in the existing test suite though he got a full screen red outline (shifted slightly) so I am assuming that's a resolution issue.

Anyone have ideas why he can't track in a new solution though? If I need to provide more information just let me know...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

foals11

Re: Ranorex Spy Not Tracking

Post by foals11 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 am

Hi,

According to your description, it seems that Chrome isn't added to your whitelist.
You can add Chrome to the whitelist, by following this instruction:https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... telisting/

regards

E_Weav

Re: Ranorex Spy Not Tracking

Post by E_Weav » Tue May 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Oh geez, completely forgot about that... Whitelisting seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the help.