Ranorex Spy unable to recognise the open form

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
ajw

Ranorex Spy unable to recognise the open form

Post by ajw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 am

Our software contains a form that can be accessed from a number of different places by the user. While reviewing the payback of a Ranorex recording, I noticed that Ranorex was struggling to find the Repository items on that form, specifically when it was opened from one area of our application (it was taking 30seconds+ to click the elements during playback).

I tried removing caching on the repository folders, but that did not solve the problem. So then I tried to locate the items on the form through Ranorex Spy - when I mouse over the form, Spy highlights the entire Windows desktop instead of any of the form's elements.

This problem does not occur when the form is opened from the other areas of the software - Ranorex Spy has no difficulty identifying the form elements as I mouse over them; the problem only occurs specifically when the form is opened from this one area of our application. Should I raise this with our development team, as it could represent a problem with the form heirarchy? Or is this something other people have encountered before?

(I am using Ranorex 3.3.3 on Windows Vista sp2)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Spy unable to recognise the open form

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello,

Could you please provide us a snapshot of the elements which are not found and another snapshot in which they are found?

In general, it looks like that something has changed in your application as Ranorex is able to identify them.
In order to find out, if it is a Ranorex problem we would like to have a test application which would enable us to reproduce this issue.

Regards,
Markus (T)
Support Team