Ranorex stops executing steps after a time zone change

Ask general questions here.
rstockton

Ranorex stops executing steps after a time zone change

Post by rstockton » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello,

I am currently writing tests that involve changing the PC time zone in order to ensure that a files time stamp is being updated correctly. However, after the steps that change the time zone Ranorex will perform a few more steps but then will stop. It will successfully complete a step but then stay on it and not continue. It is not waiting for a timeout as I have left it for around 10 minutes to see if it will continue. Ranorex is also not frozen as I can stop the test execution with no issue. The test will also complete if I disable the steps that change the time zone.

Has this been encountered before or is it a known issue that changing the time zone of the PC will stop Ranorex from continuing to execute steps. Are there any tips or tricks for getting around this?

I am using Ranorex 5.2.2 on Windows 10.

Thanks,
Richard

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex stops executing steps after a time zone change

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce your issue.
May i ask you to send an email to [email protected] with a detailed description of your issue?
Furthermore, it would be great if you provide a small sample solution where the error occurs.
We could arrange a remote session if it is necessary.

I'm looking forward to your email.

Sincerely,
Matthias

krstcs

Re: Ranorex stops executing steps after a time zone change

Post by krstcs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:35 pm

In addition, 5.2.2 is VERY old and is no longer supported. Please update to a supported version (currently 6.0.2 or 6.1.1) and see if that helps.
Shortcuts usually aren't...