Ranorex stops testing after restarting the Browser

Ask general questions here.
Todor

Ranorex stops testing after restarting the Browser

Post by Todor » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 am

Dear Support-Team,

In my Ranorex Test Suit Ranorex has to terminate the Process "iexplore.exe" and start the task again.
At first Ranorex runs without problems and errors, but after restarting the Browser Ranorex hangs up.
I don't know why and i don't get an Error Report or something like that. I can stop Ranorex by pressing Pause but normally the programm should go on.

I test this test suit on a C#/Silverlight AUT with a Windows 7 32bit operating system.
If you need more information just let me know.

Thank you in advance for your effort.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex stops testing after restarting the Browser

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi,

Does this error occur too if you write a short test where you open and close the IE? Or only on your specific test.
How long you wait until you abort the Test?
Did you try to check if the element you are searching for can be found if you manually close and open your IE?
Did you check the EventViewer? Maybe there you can get more information about the error?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Support Team wrote:Does this error occur too if you write a short test where you open and close the IE?
No, it doesn't occur. Only in the second cycle.
Support Team wrote:How long you wait until you abort the Test?
I have waited for 10 Minutes or more. But the test even does not time out!
Support Team wrote:Did you try to check if the element you are searching for can be found if you manually close and open your IE?
I have a loop. At first he logs in on a webpage as user administrator and then after the first loop is finished he closes the IE (required on the page to log off) and restarts it. Then the programm logs in as Manager and somewhere in the test as manager (there is no specific point) it stops, although the buttons and the rights are the same as administrator and he found every button/link/etc as administrator. I also have checked if the paths change, but they don't.

Support Team wrote:Did you check the EventViewer? Maybe there you can get more information about the error?
Thats the problem... I don't get an error message. My thoughts are that it has something to do with the computer, thats why im trying to test it somewhere else at the moment. But I have an addidtional question. In my Code i often use Report.Screenshot(); . Could it be that is has something to do with that?

Todor

Post by Todor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am

I have found out that i was wrong. According to the last 3 tests, the programm hangs up in the second cycle of the loop while loading a variable out of a CSV file

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

Hi,

Great. Is this an infinite loop produced by yourself or do you use the Ranorex DataConnector to load your CSV file?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:38 am

I use the DataConnector to read the Variable value out of the CSV file. There are only two cycles in the loop and in the first one the test loads the variable without stopping. Only in the second one it hangs up.

Edit: I attached my Test, so you can take a look, where the problem is. The programm hangs up at the point, where it logs in as manager and loads the variable $CompanynameSearch at LookForAccount.cs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Todor

Post by Todor » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 am

Ahm, I don't want to push you, but this problem is still unsolved ;) I'd appechiate if you could help me with fixing it :)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:18 am

Hi,
Todor wrote:Ahm, I don't want to push you, but this problem is still unsolved ;) I'd appechiate if you could help me with fixing it :)
Sorry for the late response. I found nothing weird in your project.
Ranorex is able to execute the modules and TestCases before and it only is stuck at the LookForAccount.cs?
Would it be possible to create two Ranorex Snapshot at this point with each user? Therefore you could use following module http://www.ranorex.com/forum/create-sna ... t2447.html

BTW, did you install the new version of Ranorex 3.0.5?
https://www.ranorex.com/free-trial/

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:39 am

Support Team wrote:Ranorex is able to execute the modules and TestCases before and it only is stuck at the LookForAccount.cs?
It is stuck in the beginning, when loading the CompanynameSearch Variable out of the CSV file.
Support Team wrote:Would it be possible to create two Ranorex Snapshot at this point with each user?
Done and attached.
Support Team wrote:BTW, did you install the new version of Ranorex 3.0.5?
No I haven't had the chance yet, but i will update my version of ranorex todoay ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi,

Please could you post the Admin Snapshot again, because there are only invalid items inside.

Thank you and regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:24 am

Here it is. You have made me curious. Why were the elements invalid?

The programm hangs up at the point where it loads the CompanynameSearch Variable from the Accountdata CSV file. Has it something to do with the invalid elements or could it be, that the progam makes too much screenshots, so the main storage can't handle loading a new variable?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,
Todor wrote:that the progam makes too much screenshots, so the main storage can't handle loading a new variable?
No, the screenshots shouldn't be a problem. I need a few additional information:
  • Please could you post me a Ranorex Report too? (hen the script fails)
  • Could you set a breakpoint at the line where the script fails and please tell me exactly where this locations is?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:08 am

Support Team wrote:Please could you post me a Ranorex Report too? (hen the script fails)
There will be a problem. The programm does not fail. It simply stops doing something. If i send you a report, it will look like everything finished with success and at the end will be an error saying:"The test run has been aborted by the user. " But regularlly, before i abort the test, I wait for more than 10 Minutes, while the programm does nothing, in hope it might return working. But if you want to have a report at all cost then i will upload you a report when i have finished the changes i am currently working on.

Support Team wrote:Could you set a breakpoint at the line where the script fails and please tell me exactly where this locations is?
The exact location is, before the Look_For_Account() Method is opened the second time, while logged in as manager in the LookForAccount.cs file. It hangs up while loading the CompanynameSearch Variable at line 33, 36-40. This variable is bound to a CSV Dataconnector called Accountdata.csv. While Raonrex loads the value of the variable, it hangs up.

With kind regards,

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 am

Hi,

Please try to set the breakpoint to the position where the variable (_CompanynameSearch) has to be set. Then start the debugger and take a look at the variables value if it is set correctly?
If you can't find some bugs we can set up an online meeting if you like?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

I will try to set a breakpoint and then tell you whether i found something or not. Normally the variable value should be loaded normally, but i will take a closer look at it. The online meeting sounds great, but i don't have time this week. Can you send me an E-Mail on which days you'd have time next week, so we can set up a time and a day for the online meeting?

with kind regards