Ranorex stops to execute next script once app hangs

Bug reports.
pankaj.bharti

Ranorex stops to execute next script once app hangs

Post by pankaj.bharti » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi,

I am working with Ranorex 4.01 to automate our .NET application. I have observed that once automate application get hangs (goes into Not responding mode), then Ranorex stop to execute further steps and get stuck. So, in that case user have to kill application manually then only further test suite are working.

Can you help to give solution.

I am also attaching the Ranorex Spy screenshot file for detail information.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex stops to execute next script once app hangs

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello,

Which technology are you using (e.g. WinForms, WPF)?
Is it possible to access elements of your application with 'Microsoft Inspect'?

Please verify if you have 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended' installed on your system.
If not please download it from Microsoft.

The attached Snapshot shows limited information since your application had crashed.
Is it possible to get a Snapshot of your application in Spy during a running application?

Regards,
Markus (T)

pankaj.bharti

Post by pankaj.bharti » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:18 am

Hi Team,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using WinForms technology. As, you have asked about the "Microsoft Inspect" to access elements, Yes, it is allowing to access elements. My system is also updated with 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended'.

Pls Find the snapshot of running application and snapshot of "Microsoft Inspect" at time of application is running and hang both.

Pls provide some solution to work further on it.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello

You could also try to add the class or process to 'GDI Capture List'. Please read the section Testing of Legacy Applications in our user guide to more information how to do so.
If this will not work it would be very helpful to get access to your application or to get a sample application in order to reproduce this issue.

Regards,
Bernhard

pankaj.bharti

Post by pankaj.bharti » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I am looking for trail version of my app. to provide you for above issue.

I have 1-more findings here, when Ranorex strip execution stopped to move further. My case is simple to rename any file/Folder and then try to create a file with same name. Here, when same name file is create then a dialog message popup for file name already in user. We dismiss the dialog and then tried to click on same other item to discard the file rename mode to its default value.

But there, click on other item to discard rename mode is not performed and Stript stopped to execute further.

Can you please help to suggest some alternative.

Thanks,
Pankaj

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi,

That would be great, thanks :).
Are you getting any error messages?
Why is the action not performed, could it be that Ranorex was not able to find the element?
Are you sure you used the right RxPath? If not please use the Spy tool in oder to analyze if the RxPath of the repository item is correct.

Regards,
Markus

pankaj.bharti

Post by pankaj.bharti » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks, It does not seem a issue of RxPath. Actually, when running single case it is working ok. But when I am executing a Set of cases (around 160 cases), It stopped there to move out from Rename code. I don't know what is going to be wrong there.

Also, on 1-system it is working ok but on another system(s) same is not working in same situation.

I am try for trail so that you can solve my issue.

Thanks,
Pankaj

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi,

It is not so easy to analyze it without additional information about your Test Solution.
What are the differences between the different machines?
Could you send us the report of a failed test run? This would help us to get an overview of what could be a potential cause for the issue.
Are the tests executed on a remote machine?

Regards,
Markus