Ranorex struggles to find elements in a table

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Bobby G.

Re: Ranorex struggles to find elements in a table

Post by Bobby G. » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, there isn't such an option anywhere. I tried with both element trees, for wpf and uia, but nothing... I noticed that the table content is now visible in the uia element tree, which would be best for me to use, but if it is detected on random, then I can't use it.

Anyway, thanks for the time and answers, if you have any other ideas, of course, please feel free to share! :)

rakkioo7

Post by rakkioo7 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:52 am

All things considered, I was unable to get that notice window to show up, however, I had attempted the entirety of the choices of the WPF module. Also, when set to WpfImprovedOnly, undoubtedly Ranorex distinguishes each component I attempted up until now. The issue is that the component tree changes also and the ways to the components I as of now have don't work any longer, which isn't acceptable, in light of the fact that the storehouse is very enormous. Anyway, is there a way I can get Ranorex to work with the UiaOnly choice, in light of the fact that, as you saw, now and again it recognizes the components, yet it isn't steady? Much obliged ahead of time.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, I don't have a clue why UiaOnly occasionally works with your UI and so I don't know how to make it more steady? If I were you, I would either redo the repo with new WPFImproved xpaths, or, at very least, start using WPFImproved for all newly created repo items and simply switch (via code) to UiaOnly in case of accessing old repo elements. But I personally think that redoing repo is way better idea, no matter how big is your repo.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration