Ranorex Studio and .Net Core SDK project

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
jmarlet

Ranorex Studio and .Net Core SDK project

Post by jmarlet » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:59 am

Hi everyone,

I have been using Ranorex professionally for a year and a half to automate tests for our application. Recently the R&D department decided to migrate our developing environment from MSBuild to .Net Core SDK. I was able to migrate, compile and execute tests with our new solution template but I was not able to open and update the project with Ranorex Studio. I do like the features provided by Studio, by example, to spy elements and to integrate and manage them in the repository.
Every project has the same warning message:
"The default XML namespace of the project must be the MSBuild XML namespace. If the project is authored in the MSBuild 2003 format, please add xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" to the <Project> element. If the project has been authored in the old 1.0 or 1.2 format, please convert it ot MSBuild 2003 format."

I am addressing this message to the communauty and the support team in order to find out if a solution or a workaround exists or if we can expect a solution in future releases.

Ranorex version 9.3

Thank you in advance

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Studio and .Net Core SDK project

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:01 am

Hello jmarlet,

The .NET Core project template is currently not supported. At this point of time, we do not know when support will be added.

Thank you for your understanding. We will keep you posted!

Best,
Robert

jmarlet

Re: Ranorex Studio and .Net Core SDK project

Post by jmarlet » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:42 am

Thank you for the information. I will keep looking for a workaround and postpone the migration in the meantime. I will post something if I find a solution.

Any advices from the communauty is welcome.