Ranorex supports Sheridan Controls?

Ask general questions here.
Thangavel_S

Ranorex supports Sheridan Controls?

Post by Thangavel_S » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Do Ranorex supports Sheridan controls ?( Old Sheridan controls used in VB6). Now Infragistics owns sheridan controls (Latest controls).

Best regards,
Thangavel S.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex supports Sheridan Controls?

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello Thangavel_S,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Sheridan controls, but usually Infragistics controls can be recognized by Ranorex. I suggest to download the Free Trial version of Ranorex and check if it works.

Regards,
Bernhard

Thangavel_S

Post by Thangavel_S » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your reply. We have Ranorex trial version (Latest) installed. But the thing is , the application which we are going to automate is build with many 3rd party controls including sheridan controls.

Before we start any PoC, we need to ensure that the sheridan controls are supported by ranorex. There is a custom grid which is developed using this sheridan controls. This is major part in the application.

Unfortunately, We didn't get application access yet. we will get application access only if we confirm that ranorex supports sheridan controls.

My best regards,
Thangavel S

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello Thangavel S,

Basically Ranorex supports applications based on VB6, but there could be some controls which cannot be recognized.
In that case you can try to use the GDI RawText Plug-In as described in the blog "Testing of Legacy Applications"

Regards,
Bernhard

Thangavel_S

Post by Thangavel_S » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:13 pm

BernHard,

Thanks for the answer. I will check with our client to get access for the application. So that I can check with GDI RawText Plug-In.

My best regards,
Thangavel Sundaram