Ranorex testrail integration: Unable to import second test suite from testrail into ranorex

Ask general questions here.
Sandeep1632

Ranorex testrail integration: Unable to import second test suite from testrail into ranorex

Post by Sandeep1632 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 am

Hi,

I have a scenario where I need to import another test suite test cases from testrail into already existing ranorex solution. Below are the steps followed

1. I have Ranorex solution with "suite1" imported from testrail for my first release
2. Now I have another release where I need to import "suite2" from testrail.
but I am not able see any testrail suites displayed for selection in ranorex-testrail integration screen.

Can someone help me here to achieve this?

Thanks,
Sandeep
Attachments
image_2020_03_23T07_58_16_634Z.png
image_2020_03_23T07_58_16_634Z.png (155.14 KiB) Viewed 183 times

qwertzu

Re: Ranorex testrail integration: Unable to import second test suite from testrail into ranorex

Post by qwertzu » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am

hi Sandeep,

Open the TestRail project in your browser and click on the "Edit" button. Do you see "Use multiple test suites to manage cases" selected?
TestRail_Multiple_TestSuites.png
TestRail_Multiple_TestSuites.png (10.77 KiB) Viewed 159 times
regards, qwertzu

Sandeep1632

Re: Ranorex testrail integration: Unable to import second test suite from testrail into ranorex

Post by Sandeep1632 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:40 am

Hi qwertzu,

I don't have access to check if the Use multiple test suites to manage cases is selected. As a work around I removed the test rail connection and tried test rail to ranorex import again, but this time ranorex is taking long time to fetch the test rail project list in ranorex. I waited for more than an hour but still I could see below screen only, Can you help me is there anything I can do here.
FYI - I see there are more test suites in the testrail

Thanks,
Sandeep
Attachments
testrail_project.png
testrail_project.png (87.15 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Testrail_import_issue.png
Testrail_import_issue.png (127.58 KiB) Viewed 153 times

qwertzu

Post by qwertzu » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:51 am

Hi Sandeep,

Well, 663 test suites and more than 30.000 test cases is a quite huge project ;-)
However, I've just tried to fetch a project with 100 test suites and it took something like 2 minutes or so.
Afterwards I was able to select some of the test suites.

I guess, in your case it would just take much longer to fetch the data, but it should work.

regards, qwertzu

Sandeep1632

Post by Sandeep1632 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi qwertzu ,

I waited for around more than 3 hours and still showing fetching the project details. Please let me know if there is anything that I need change..

Thanks,
Sandeep

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi,

The same as qwertzu, I guess that the number of test cases is the actual issue. 30k test cases is really a bit too much to import :D I would suggest to create a whole new test solution, with similar design as the failing one and try it with smaller test set (let's say 100 tests). Then, if it passes, try greater number of test cases (e.g. 500) and so on.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration