Ranorex unable to find ANY gui elements, sometimes

Bug reports.
chfischer

Ranorex unable to find ANY gui elements, sometimes

Post by chfischer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 am

Hi there,

I am encountering a strange error lately:

I am testing a flex application using RanorexLoaderFlex4 to be able to interact with the GUI.
Now, sometimes the Ranorex test fails just after the start because it can not find any items.

Restarting IE sometimes helps, but thats not possible when running this test inside of a continues testing environment like Jenkins/Hudson.

Did any one of you encounter this behavior as well? Any known issues?

Best,
Christian

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex unable to find ANY gui elements, sometimes

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi,

Did you try the new Ranorex method to test your flex/flash application? We've fixed a lot of issues with this new instrumentation method and this version is also version indepenedent. Therefore please take a look to following blog http://www.ranorex.com/blog/flashflex-a ... -preloader
chfischer wrote:Did any one of you encounter this behavior as well? Any known issues?
No there are no known issue with this tool. Could it be possible that this tool cause a timing issue and therefore the plugin cannot loaded successfully by Ranorex. Did you check if your tests fail if you run the test without your tool?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

chfischer

Post by chfischer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 am

Hi there,

I've followed your advice and I am using the Ranorex Preloader now.

Ranorex Spy works and can see all the objects, BUT if I run a Ranorex Test IE crashes terribly.

Any suggestions?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi,
chfischer wrote:Ranorex Spy works and can see all the objects, BUT if I run a Ranorex Test IE crashes terribly.
Could you please take a look to the eventviewer of Windows and send us the error message when the IE crashes. We know about that limitation, but this is no Ranorex issue. The Adobe Debug Flash Player crashes and affect the IE to crash.
Which technology do you use? Flash or Flex? Does Firefox crash, too?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team