Ranorex Upgrade causing build failure

Ask general questions here.
alpesh.dhakad

Ranorex Upgrade causing build failure

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:30 pm

Everytime when we upgrade our code to Ranorex Upgrade then it is causing build failure issue.
Now, I am trying to upgrade from 8.3 to 9.2 then also build failure issue is occuring. I tried it from 8.3 to 9.1 as well.

This time issue is there about naming that recording contains long name. Please suggest how we should upgrade it to latest version.
Thanks

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex Upgrade causing build failure

Post by odklizec » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi,

Some build failures, caused by upgrading solutions from one major version to another, are not avoidable. Before upgrading, you should always read Ranorex releases notes about potential breaking changes. Then backup your existing solution and only then upgrade solution with newest version. And if there are build failures, simply follow the error description to fix each problem.

Could you please show us the exact error(s) you are getting?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

alpesh.dhakad

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:04 am

Hi Team,
Earlier, I have tried to upgrade Ranorex 9.1.1 which is giving build error.

Today, I tried to upgrade Ranorex to 9.2.1 and I didn't get any build error. But, when I tried to execute my script then apart from application launch script is not doing any kind of events like click or any text input. Though when search via Spy I am able to find same objects.
(Not able to do anything on application - Tried with 2-3 versions of our application)

Could you please help on this issue ? Let me know if you need any other information to look into it.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:25 am

Hi,

Is there an error message in report file? Could you please share the error (ideally, entire report file), along with the complete xpath of failing element(s) and a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the problematic element?

If you search the element with spy, is the xpath the same as the one used in your test?
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

alpesh.dhakad

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:33 am

Hi,

Please refer attached report, snapshots and Warning error screenshot.
Error :
Something is limiting object recognition for WinForms.

Below are 2 warnings displayed after build generation :
The primary reference "Ranorex.Plugin.WinForms.Core" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Ranorex.Plugin.WinForms.Core" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51". (MSB3268)

The primary reference "Ranorex.Plugin.Wpf.Core" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Ranorex.Plugin.Wpf.Core" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51". (MSB3268)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:37 am

Hi,

So have you tried to run Ranorex Studio as administrator (as suggested by error message)?
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

alpesh.dhakad

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:46 am

Yes, I have tried with run as administrator but same results.
Please suggest.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:18 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, I don't have any more suggestions. If neither running Ranorex Studio as administrator or other suggestions from the user guide helped, then my only other suggestion is to contact Ranorex support and request remote session with them.

I think that part of the problem is related to other problem you posted about (updated DevExpress) plus insufficient rights. Additionally, make sure your xpaths does not rely on indexes! Indexes are least reliable identification attributes and should be used only if there is no other way to uniquely identify UI controls.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration