Ranorex & Visual Studio 2013

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
carsonw

Ranorex & Visual Studio 2013

Post by carsonw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi guys, when opening the solution generated by Ranorex in Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio insists on converting the solution saying that it's not compatible.

It's frustrating because Ranorex re-generates the solution every time, so ever time I have to do this conversion and go and delete the folders/files that are generated along with it.

If I open the "2010" version of the solution file then I don't get the warning, but then Visual Studio doesn't understand it's under source control and I get those warnings instead.

Is Ranorex going to be updated to so that it properly generates a compatible 2013 solution? Just enough so we don't get the file conversion warning every time. I don't think this is unreasonable... it is nearly 2015 now after all :)

Thanks!

Carson.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex & Visual Studio 2013

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi Carson,

In general it is recommended using the RanorexSolution_VS2010.sln file in order to avoid a version missmatch. Unfortunately I could not reproduce the issue that Visual Studio doesn't understand the solution is under source control.
I have seen that you are already in contact with one of my colleagues by e-mail concerning the issue. We will try to reproducen the issue and will get back to you by e-mail.

Regards,
Bernhard