Ranorex with source control & CI (Bamboo)

Ask general questions here.
dkmpbrt

Ranorex with source control & CI (Bamboo)

Post by dkmpbrt » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:11 am

Hey all,

I have a question regarding using Ranorex with source control & in a continuous integration environment.

I know that when you use Source control & CI, it is normal that when you change something in the Application Under Test or in your Ranorex project that it gets commited to the source control & automatically build by CI and that the tests can be automatically run by the CI also.

However, I've got a specific situation that I don't know how it is handled.

When there is new functionality planned and you prepare your test case in Ranorex. That already gets commited to Bamboo, but what if that new functionality is not committed yet? The test case will fail normally, right? because whenever you commit a change of your ranorex project, it gets automatically build & run.

How to prevent this?

Thanks,
Bart

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex with source control & CI (Bamboo)

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Hello Bart,

Inside Bamboo you can configure the build strategy. It seems in your case a commit triggers the build and run event. There are many different options you can choose in the build strategy settings.
BuildStrategy.png
BuildStrategy.png (88.2 KiB) Viewed 259 times
If changing the build strategy is not possible, you can also think of not committing the test for this feature.

Please let me know if I don't understand your question correctly.

Sincerely,
Bernhard

dkmpbrt

Re: Ranorex with source control & CI (Bamboo)

Post by dkmpbrt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:18 am

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks, this fully answers my question!

Kind Regards,
Bart