Rawtext elements not visible/tracked in SPY

Ask general questions here.
rajeswari

Rawtext elements not visible/tracked in SPY

Post by rajeswari » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi,

I have 2 child forms(forma-notice and formb-notification) with list of elements in it, the listbox class is present to GDI capture list. (Since the individual listitem doesnot contain the text value, i need to read these elements as rawtext). Rawtext elements on forma appears fine, But the rawtext elements on formb-notification doesnot appear.

My current version of ranorex is 7.2.
For the same issue i have contacted support and uninstalled , re-installed latest version 7.2. Everything seems fine on the day, but again the rawtext elements are missing.i havent changes any settings related to this in between.

Please let me know if there is a solution to make rawtext elements appear.

attached screenshot and snapshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

McTurtle

Re: Rawtext elements not visible/tracked in SPY

Post by McTurtle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello rajeswari,

Have you also tried adding your whole process to the GDI capture list? You can do this by right clicking on the root element of your application:
GDI-CaptureList.png
Are you able to recognize also the other text now?

Regards,
McTurtle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rajeswari

Post by rajeswari » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Mcturtle,

Thanks for response. yes i did add the root element to the GDI process, but nothing worked on the day.

Im able to see rawtext elements now. Think the restart PC made some change. But i have seen this problem often, hence i raised it here.

Thanks
Rajeswari.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello Rajeswari,

Thank you for reporting your issue on the forum.
Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do about issues related to GDI without taking a look at the application.
I would recommend that you reply to the last email communication that you had with us and let us know if you are able to send us the application.

We will gladly look into it.
I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Tomaž