RawText has right text, but wrong screenshot

Bug reports.
Daria

RawText has right text, but wrong screenshot

Post by Daria » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:05 am

I am trying to use Ranorex to test our legacy application using GDI API as described in http://www.ranorex.com/blog/automation- ... re-plug-in

Ranorex Spy recognizes text perfectly, but seems like it is saving wrong screenshot for RawText object. The screenshot seems to be the right size, but slightly offset from the text location. Click() method seems to use a screenshot to find coordinates of the object, so it clicks not on the text, but on the center of the screenshot (sometimes part of the text is present on the screenshot, so the test will pass in this case).

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

I have attached a screenshot of Spy window with RawText "Kit total:" selected in the tree view and "Deposit:" screenshot.
Attachments
rawtextwrongscreenshot.JPG
rawtextwrongscreenshot.JPG (78.65 KiB) Viewed 1258 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RawText has right text, but wrong screenshot

Post by Support Team » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi,

it seems to be a problem in our algorithm to calculate the correct location. Would it be possible to send us a sample application with the same issue? Because without an application it is hard to reproduce.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Daria

Post by Daria » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:39 am

Hello Peter,

Here is an example from 4D Demo samples

Download http://ftp.4d.com/ACI_PRODUCTS_DEMO_VER ... 4_Demo.zip

Launch C:\Program Files\4D\4D Product Line Evaluation\4th Dimension\4D.exe
Open 4D Airport 2004 or Chart Demo from C:\Program Files\4D\4D Product Line Evaluation\Sample Databases\Interface\

In 4D Airport 2004 from main menu go to Windows -> World map
The following objects are having wrong screenshots:
/form[@title='4th Dimension']/container/form[@controlid='8']/rawtext[@caption='Reset']
/form[@title='4th Dimension']/container/form[@controlid='8']/rawtext[@caption='Next']

In Chart Demo from main menu go to Demo->Graphs by 4D chart
The following objects are having wrong screenshots:
/form[@title='4th Dimension']/container/form[@controlid='2']/rawtext[@caption='File']
/form[@title='4th Dimension']/container/form[@controlid='2']/rawtext[@caption='Edit']
/form[@title='4th Dimension']/container/form[@controlid='2']/rawtext[@caption='Text']
/form[@title='4th Dimension']/container/form[@controlid='2']/rawtext[@caption='Series 1']

Hope it helps you to fix this issue.

Regards,
Daria.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi,

Thank you for posting us a sample application. We will try to reproduce it and fix it with a future release of Ranorex.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Daria

Post by Daria » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:31 am

Hello Peter,

Can you please tell me if this issue was fixed in the latest release (2.3.6)? And if so is it possible to renew my license to test changes?

Regards,
Daria

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Daria wrote:Can you please tell me if this issue was fixed in the latest release (2.3.6)?
The GDI plugin is not included in the Ranorex 2.X setup, so installing Ranorex 2.3.6 will not update the GDI plugin. New versions of the GDI plugin for 2.X are provided by updating the mentioned blog, but unfortunately, there is currently no newer version of the GDI plugin available for Ranorex 2.3. We could successfully reproduce that problem, but have not found a fix yet, sorry!
Daria wrote:And if so is it possible to renew my license to test changes?
We can issue an extended Ranorex Trial license for you. Please, contact sales_at_ranorex.com and provide your contact details, then we can send you an extended trial key.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team