Recognition of different SQL Management versions

Ask general questions here.
leon

Recognition of different SQL Management versions

Post by leon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 am

I am struggling to have 1 set script running for identifying, recognising or selecting items in the tree in the different versions of SQL Management Studio.

Eg:
The Object Explorer of SQL Server2008R2 is mapped as : container[@caption='Object Explorer']/container[@caption='']/tree/tree/treeitem/treeitem[@accessiblename='Security'] level and

SQL Server 2008 is mapped as: container[@caption='Object Explorer']/container[@caption='']/container/tree/tree/treeitem/treeitem[@accessiblename='Security'] and extra level = container. The 2 versions are thus not mapped the same.

How do I get around this without so many "continue fail" actions because when I have to validate if a certain Login user has been created the one fails and the one passes due to this problem which results in my script showing a Fail

sdaly

Re: Recognition of different SQL Management versions

Post by sdaly » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 am

Use a double forward slash in your path //

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:29 am

Hi,
leon wrote:How do I get around this without so many "continue fail" actions because when I have to validate if a certain Login user has been created the one fails and the one passes due to this problem which results in my script showing a Fail
As scott suggested you can use a relative RxPath. I would suggest you to read following blog
http://www.ranorex.com/blog/ranorexpath-tips-and-tricks
In this blog will be explained what's possible with the RxPath.

In Ranorex 3.1 there will be a setting to change the Report Level for the "Continue on Fail" action. Then you can set the Report Level to Success even the Test Case failed.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

leon

Post by leon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am

Aah thx Scott, you're a star. Seems to be working now.