record and replay integration of 2 different software apps

Experiences, small talk, and other automation gossip.
dave132

record and replay integration of 2 different software apps

Post by dave132 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 am

Hi All,

1.Can i use Ranorex version 8 on windows 7 or 10 to record and replay a windows wcf with winforms application that by clicking on a tree menu item it can open another different software like AutoCad to view a drawing and record some actions on that CAD. can ranorex record and replay successfully when it involves 2 different software that integrate with each other.

2. I have noticed that when i record menu selection on that CAD software and try to eplay it it is slow in replay, takes about 30 sec to 1 min to locate the menu selection options, see attached screenshots of the menu items and the replay warning messages and Ranorex snapshot , how can i increase the speed of the replay ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobinHood42

Re: record and replay integration of 2 different software apps

Post by RobinHood42 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Hello dave132,
1.Can i use Ranorex version 8 on windows 7 or 10 to record and replay a windows wcf with winforms application that by clicking on a tree menu item it can open another different software like AutoCad to view a drawing and record some actions on that CAD. can ranorex record and replay successfully when it involves 2 different software that integrate with each other.
Yes, this shouldn't be a problem. Just give it a try.
2. I have noticed that when i record menu selection on that CAD software and try to eplay it it is slow in replay, takes about 30 sec to 1 min to locate the menu selection options, see attached screenshots of the menu items and the replay warning messages and Ranorex snapshot , how can i increase the speed of the replay ?
This highly depends on the specified RanoreXPath. Try to specify the path more exactly (specify more layers) and try to avoid "//" to increase the replay speed. Further information can be found here:

UserGuide
External resource

Cheers,
Robin :mrgreen: