Recorder Defaults - Change values to zero

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
thuer

Recorder Defaults - Change values to zero

Post by thuer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am

I've read in the following topic that the default values for Mouse move time, etc. can be set down to 0:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/recorder-c ... t1358.html

Are there any predictable problems by setting down those values to 0? If yes, how can I find fast values which are working for sure?

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recorder Defaults - Change values to zero

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi,

there should be no problem with setting these value to zero, thus there is a search timeout for each repository item you are accessing which, if the control is not present, will wait until the control is present or the search timeout has been reached. If the control is present then it should be found immediately.

Kind regards,
Tobias
Support Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:36 pm

I keep my mouse move values at 0 all the time except for one instance. When I need to drag and drop an item. I have to increase the mouse move time just before the drag drop option then reduce it again after the drop has completed.
Not sure why, but when dragging and dropping with mouse move time at 0 causes issues in my scenarios where the drag and drop does not always behave as it should.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

thuer

Post by thuer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Thank you for your answers :D

So I set the values to zero and I'll be carefull if I use drag and drop operations.

Kind Regards,
Thomas