Recording Error.

Ask general questions here.
PratikSantani

Recording Error.

Post by PratikSantani » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:53 am

Hello
I am using Ranorex 6.1.0 License version and I am facing some issues while palying the recorded module, Ranorex didn't find some menus or option like login button,menu button also have some issue regarding ranorex plug-in it shows Ranorex automation could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled.My Firefox version is 49.0.1 also i tried on Firefox 45.0.0 but i am getting same error, I attached some screens regarding this issues please find it. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Recording Error.

Post by odklizec » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:35 am

Hi,

It seems you have installed old Ranorex plugin for FF < 40 and not the new one called "Ranorex Automation NG" (for FF 40+). Please follow the steps described here:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/compatibil ... tml#p37154
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

PratikSantani

Post by PratikSantani » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:31 pm

hi,
I already installed Ranorex Automation NG, but still i am getting same recording issue as i attached please check.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi,

What kind of recording issue? Could you please elaborate your problem?

Please post a Ranorex snapshot (not screenshot) of the problematic element, the xpath of failing repository element and exact error you are getting.

As for disabled extension, you can remove it. As long as there is installed Ranorex Automation NG extension, you no longer need the old (disabled) one.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

PratikSantani

Post by PratikSantani » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:36 am

Hi..
I was trying to record some action to use Data Driven Automation Test but Ranorex was not able to record actions properly so i couldn't test for Data Driven Test also i couldn't record a normal flow for example Login page- while playing recorded script ranorex finding some menus like username field or password filed to enter text and as per your request i have attached some snapshot please find Snapshot.7z file. Thanks in advanced.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:46 am

Hi,

Thanks for the snapshots. Unfortunately, without some more details, like what exactly was now recorded and what errors are you getting during runtime, it's impossible for us to suggest something reliable.

Please bear in mind that the Recording tool is a very handy thing, but you should always inspect what was recorded and eventually edit the recorded xpaths! I've looked at the Login snapshot you posted and for example the Login link seems contain unique ID "supportNavi_102". This looks like a dynamic ID, which may change over the time? So it may not be the best idea to use unique IDs for control identification in your GUI? But because Ranorex prioritizes unique IDs over other attributes, you will most probably have to change the xpath weight. So please read this blog about automating apps with unique IDs...
http://www.ranorex.com/blog/automated-t ... namic-ids/

But again, without more (exact) details what's wrong with recorded actions/xpaths or playback, it's pretty hard to suggest something reliable.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

PratikSantani

Post by PratikSantani » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:23 am

Hello,

Can you please give me some examples how i can use Ranorex tool for any shopping site like Ebay, Flipkart, Snapdeal...? Because I need this tool to test my Shopping site so it include vendor portal where vendor can upload product detail using csv file there is an approve process as well and shopping site UI, Cart etc. so can u please help me how can I use this tool for these things and if suppose i will get some query related to Recording then i'l let you know for your advice.

Thanks in Advance....!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:41 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, I can't provide you with such samples, because I'm not quite sure what exactly you are after ;) And preparing generic examples with mentioned sites would take too much time. What can I do for you is to help you with well described problems. At least I can try to help ;)

If you are just starting with Ranorex, you should start with basic steps, like reading User Guide, watching screencasts and then you can start with creating your first Ranorex tests, based of predefined scenarios. You see, you can't run before you can walk ;) Despite the fact Ranorex is relative easy to learn and use, it's still a very complex tool. You can do almost anything you want with it (because of its .Net integration). But it requires to start with small steps.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

jazz albert

Post by jazz albert » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:06 am

i think without samples it is difficult to get it done so it will be much appreciated if you can do it!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:34 am

Hi,

There is plenty of "samples" in Ranorex User guide, Ranorex blog and around this forum. Unfortunately, it's impossible to make a generic sample(s) about automating "shopping" (and similar) sites, because it would be too complex task. Not to mention such sample will most probably not help you at all, because each site is different and requires different approach. If you are new in Ranorex (and test automation as such), I would strongly suggest you to start with below links:

Ranorex screencasts:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/screencasts.html

Join free webinar (you can even find past webinars at youtube):
http://www.ranorex.com/automated-testing-webinars.html

User Guide:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-guide-20.html

Code samples:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... mples.html

Explorer Ranorex blogs (a nice pile of very useful learning material):
http://www.ranorex.com/blog/
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

PratikSantani

Post by PratikSantani » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 am

Hello,
Is there any java plugings or something which need to install to test java web application?
or am i missing some steps while installing software like mandatory to tick some menus/option or else to run successful test on java web application?
Please guide me.
Thank you in advance...!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:19 am

Hi,

There is no need to activate or install something in order to enable Java automation. It should work just fine out of the box. Could you please provide us with more details, what exactly is your problem? Please post a Ranorex snapshot (not screenshot) and/or small sample app, where we can see and test the problem. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

PratikSantani

Post by PratikSantani » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello,
Why error comes like build was cancelled when i run the test cases and it comes in every test cases after closing Ranorex. I think items are automatically deleted from repository.i have created same test cases again but after saving successful testcase when I close the window and re-open it then same error comes again.Could you please help me in this..?
Thanks in advance.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid, there is not enough info in your post to provide a reasonable answer. What version of Ranorex are you using? And what error exactly you getting?

BTW, next time please create a new forum topic instead of 'hijacking' an existing (unrelated) one. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

PratikSantani

Post by PratikSantani » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:25 am

Hello,
I am getting error message, please see the below steps-

Steps- 1.Open Ranorex and create a new test case and it runs successfully.
2.After saving this script/testcase recording close the ranorex.
3.When I open Ranorex studio it shows me "Repository item can not be found.Select "NO ITEM" or restore the missing item Repository"
4.So i have created same test case again but after re-open Ranorex i am facing same error.
I have attached screenshot of the error please find the attachment.
Thanks in advance....!