Recordings do not show in the Module Browser

Bug reports.
Paragon

Recordings do not show in the Module Browser

Post by Paragon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 am

I have a solution with 5 Test Suites. The recordings from the first 2 Test Suites show up correctly in the module browser. Some recordings from Test Suite 3 are missing and from Test Suite 4 and 5 all recordings besides one are missing in the module browser.
I tried to exclude and reimport the recordings to the solution, but it has no effect.
How can i get the missing recordings to show up in the module browser?
Ranorex.jpg

Greetings...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recordings do not show in the Module Browser

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi,
Paragon wrote:How can i get the missing recordings to show up in the module browser?
Would it be possible to post us your Ranorex Solution to take a look at it? Did you try to add the recording to a complete new solution?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Paragon

Post by Paragon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello,

Yes, i tried to add them to a complete new solution, but there was no change of the behaviour.

The Solution is added to this posting.

Greetings,

Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the solution. How did you create the recordings? Are these items all the same? Did you copy them?

All of the non shown items have the same GUID, therefore you can't see them inside the Module Browser.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Paragon

Post by Paragon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello,

yes, i copied them and changed some parts of each recording. They are very similar to each other, but not 100 percent. Any chance of getting them into the Module Browser?

Greetings,

Jan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi,
Paragon wrote:Any chance of getting them into the Module Browser?
For sure I can repair you the solution and I will post it tomorrow. The recording have the same GUID, because you have copied the recordings using the Windows Explorer and then you've added it to the projects, right?

You've started to work with Ranorex with 2.x, right? When did you decided to upgrade to 3.x? Did you read following documentation http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... uites.html ?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Paragon

Post by Paragon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:31 am

Yes, i used the windows explorer. I have upgraded to 3.x shortly after the release. I have read the documentation.

Thank you for your help,

Jan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi,

Attached is the repaired version of your Solution. Please don't copy the recordings with Windows Explorer and add them then to the project. To overcome this issue in the future, just add a new recording and copy all actions from an existing recording to the new one.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team
MBTests1.zip