Regarding Cross Browser Testing

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
Deepak_Singh

Regarding Cross Browser Testing

Post by Deepak_Singh » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:28 am

Hi,

I am doing Cross Browser Testing of my application.

I've written scripts in IE, now I started doing it for chrome, but I am facing problems for object recognition.

The problem is when I spy for certain object it's taking the entire page instead of taking the that particular object.

Is ranorex compatible with chrome 22.0.1201.0?

If it is compatible, how to identify the objects as it is taking the entire page...

I request someone of you to help on this..

Thanks In Advance,
Deepak

krany

Re: Regarding Cross Browser Testing

Post by krany » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Support team ,
Even I am facing this issue. I am having problems with object identification. Instead of recognizing the specific object it takes the entire page.

Could someone help on this?

Thanks and Regards,
Krany

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Make sure that the Ranorex plugin for Chrome is installed and enabled. (Do this in Chrome's extension page.)

Use Ranorex Spy to see if Ranorex can see the web page correctly. There should be a "/dom" object created in RXSpy for each web page that is visible to Chrome. To check this, do the following:

1. Open your webpage in Chrome.
2. Open Spy.
3. Click the "Track" button in Spy. (The Spy window should minimize.)
4. Move the mouse over any object in your web page and hold it there until you see a small popup window with information about the object.
5. Now click the object. Spy should pop back up and show the object in the left pane with all of its information in the right pane.

If steps 4 or 5 do not happen, then you may need to re-instrument Chrome using the Instrumentation Wizard in Ranorex. (Tools>Instrumentation Wizard).
Shortcuts usually aren't...

krany

Post by krany » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:55 am

Hi krstcs,

Thanks for the response..!! 8)

I tried above steps regarding chrome extension page but as I said in my earlier post that ranorex was identifying the entire page instead of single object. When I made this change chrome extension it's not even take the page also....but anyways below in your post you've mentioned some steps and asked to check for DOM object.... so I'll do that and get back to you ...In the mean while, can you also help us in coming up with alternate ways to do this ?

Thanks In Advance,
Krany

krany

Post by krany » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:35 am

Hi krstcs/All/Support Team,

I've done the same what you've said but still the problem exists. This time I am RANOREX is not even spying the page.
Could anyone help on this ? :roll:

I am using Ranorex Trial version, Are there any limitations using trial version for cross-browser testing? :oops:

Currently, I am working on chrome 22.0.1201.0. So, does ranorex have any limitations of chrome versions? :roll:

Thanks In Advance,
Krany :)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi Krany,

May I ask you to send a Ranorex snapshot file to [email protected]?
This will help us in analyzing the issue.

Thanks,
Markus