Remote Agent - No Report File being created

Bug reports.
jojomonsta

Remote Agent - No Report File being created

Post by jojomonsta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi
I have been struggling with this as an intermittent problem for a while and, when I mentioned it to support I was told this was a known issue if the user aborted the test run.
I could deal with this for now.
However, I am now unable to get a single report back when running a complete test suite with no intervention and allowing it to complete.
When I try and open the report I get "There is no report file available"
I have checked in files on the remote agent, but there are no reports for my tests since 3rd Feb (17)

I am running v 6.2.0
Windows 8 Enterprise on my machine and Windows 10 Enterprise on the remote machine

Is this something which is being fixed? Only I am currently flying blind as I have no feedback on the output from the tests unless I lock my own machine up by running locally.

Help!

Vega

Re: Remote Agent - No Report File being created

Post by Vega » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Are you using any custom reporting settings? Please check your Report settings, and compare to a new solution's report settings. Make sure you have "Enable Report" Checked. If you changed any settings here, especially directory, it could cause issues on the remote machine (perhaps that directory does not exist on the remote machine).

Also please make sure your version of Ranorex matches your version of Agent:

https://www.ranorex.com/free-trial/

Last but not least, you can try deleting this file:

%appdata%\RanorexRecentReports.dat

Hope this helps!

jojomonsta

Re: Remote Agent - No Report File being created

Post by jojomonsta » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:37 am

If you changed any settings here, especially directory, it could cause issues on the remote machine (perhaps that directory does not exist on the remote machine).
As soon as I saw this, it made sense. Thank you! Will give this a try!
I think I was having issues with reports disappearing somewhere on my local machine so specified where I wanted them saved. As you mention, this directory does not exist on the remote machine.

Genius!

Thank you

J