Remote Agent

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Jason

Remote Agent

Post by Jason » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:34 pm

I am slowly learning Ranorex as part of our evaluation for my company and am having trouble with the Remote Agent.

- I am running a full Ranorex installation on a VM (VM1), and a second VM spun up (VM2).
- OS for both VMs is Windows Server 2012 R2.
- All firewalls off on both VMs.
- VMs are IP'd on the same private subnet, on their own vLAN with no internet access.
- Remote Agent is fully installed on VM2 when it had internet access.
- VM1 Ranorex successfully connected to VM2 Remote Agent on initial configuration.
- On VM1, after 5-10 seconds, the VM2 listed in the Agents grays out with: "VM2: Failed to Connect to agent."
- I can hit reload, and it connects for another 5-10 seconds. In that brief window I can send over a test which is executed, and view the logs.
- Details show "Messenger connection to <IPADDRESS>:8081/api/ failed."
- I have rebooted the VMs multiple times.
- VM1 and VM2 are both clones from a base template, so with Ranorex running fine on VM1 (and executing tests fine), I don't think there is a dependency issue such as .net or other configurations.

Any ideas?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote Agent

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi Jason,

Please write an email to [email protected] with a detailed explanation of your problem.
We can arrange a remote session, in order to analyze your issue in more detail.

I'm looking forward to your email.

Kind regards,
Matthias

gowthamp

Post by gowthamp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:09 pm

I ran through this issue long back.

I recommend you to test in following way (hope it works),

Step 1: Shutdown both VMs.
Step 2: First Start the VM which has license manager and licenses installed (Ranorex Complete installation),
Step 3: Make sure License manager service is running and Open Ranorex studio,
Step 4: Start the another VM.

It worked for me.

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Thanks, - I will try that. The only difference is that I am evaluating Ranorex for my company, and we are currently running everything under the 30 day trial. I don't think there is any limitations when using the trial, but will definitely try it.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Please do as Matthias asked and contact Ranorex directly at [email protected]. They will be more than happy to help considering this may be a future sale for them.

In addition, using the trial version does have effects other than just the popup. If you are using the trial without the license server (which is most likely) then your only real option is contacting Ranorex support directly as anything else that any of us suggests is just a shot in the dark.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Correct, I don't have a license server setup as I am just working through evaluating Ranorex against our home-grown software (with mixed results). I already have a conference call set up for next Monday with their staff.