Rename output.exe

Ask general questions here.
u.w.e.

Rename output.exe

Post by u.w.e. » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 am

Hallo Support-Team,

When running automated tests and using the killApplications("XYZ")-method, I always kill the whole test run. There are running two procecces "XYZ". One is from the SUT and the other from Ranorex-TestRun, I guess (it starts with the test run).

When I createad my first Test Solution, I named it like the SUT (e.g.name SUT "XYZ"; solutionname "XYZ"). Unfortunately the SUT-exe has now the same name like the test solution-output.exe.
Please tell me a quick way, to rename the test solution-output.exe. Only create a new solution is not enough, I produced tests and recordings and so on. These must be integrated.

Working with Ranorex 4.0.2 on Win7.

Greetíngs, u.w.e.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rename output.exe

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Hello,

You could simply rename the 'Assembly Name' in the properties of your test project in order to rename the EXE file of your test project. Then, you should be able to kill the process of your SUT with the new name.

Could you please give us more information what you mean with the following words?
Only create a new solution is not enough, I produced tests and recordings and so on. These must be integrated?
Do you use a Continuous Integration Tool?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Markus (T)

u.w.e.

Post by u.w.e. » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Hello Support Team, hello Markus,

thanks for your answer. That was really easy and works fine now.
Continuous Integration I'm using not yet, but it will come in future.

To my other remarks: "Only create a new solution is not enough, I produced tests and recordings and so on. These must be integrated?" I tried some things to rename it by myself, with no success. So I thought, it would be a harder way to rename the file. With the worst case of creating a new solution. But this is now not neccessary.

So thanks. Best Regards, u.w.e.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Hello,

You are welcome :-)

Regards,
Markus (T)