Renaming User Code Method

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
lawrence

Renaming User Code Method

Post by lawrence » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi all

I'm using Ranorex 7.1.1 (with Ranorex Studio as IDE) and am currently working on improving the usability of our user code collection.
For this I'm quite often renaming User Code Methods (without changing their signature). After renaming a user code method I get build errors and have to go into all the recording modules that referenced the old name of the User Code Method and change it to the new one (by selecting all the user code actions and then changing the method property). When renaming the method I'm using the "rename" funtionality accessible through the right click context menu in the Ranorex IDE.

Have I maybe missed an easier way to do this?

Many thanks and kind regards
Lawrence

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Renaming User Code Method

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi Lawrence,

We are already aware of this behavior and we are working on it. Currently, we do not know when this fix will be released. This depends on various factors. Nevertheless, all new features, updates, and bug fixes are documented in the Release Notes with every new version release of Ranorex.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance as we will be glad to provide support.

Regards,
Markus (S)