Replay issues with Keepass

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
madhunika

Replay issues with Keepass

Post by madhunika » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:23 am

I am currently working on the Trial version of Ranorex and am a new user.I have a Windows 10 machine.The problem is that I am able to work on my personal lapop but Ranorex is not working with my office laptop.
I could see a difference in the Xpath generated in both the systems for the same recordings and it goes for an error during replay.

Am trying to simply add a group in the keepass and close the file. During Replay as soon as the password is entered and ok button is clicked it hangs and throws an error as follows.

Error Report
--------------------------

Failed to find item 'Day1Repository.Explorer.List1'.
No element found for path '?/?/list[@controlid='1']' within 30s.
Show/Hide Stacktrace
at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.Find[T](Boolean findSingle, Boolean throwException, Duration effectiveTimeoutOverride) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException, Duration waitTimeout) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException) at Day1.Day1RepositoryFolders.ExplorerAppFolder.get_List1() in c:\Users\mvidhyabaskaran\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\Day1\Day1\Day1Repository.cs:line 268 at Day1.Recording1.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() in c:\Users\mvidhyabaskaran\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\Day1\Day1\Recording1.cs:line 103 at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestModuleLeaf.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext)

Also my object repository caputures Explorer screen everytime and the xpath is given below .
?/?/list[@controlid=1]

I don't see this with my personal laptop and it doesn't capture the explorer xpath.

please let me know the issues as am not able to proceed further working with my office laptop.

Martin

Re: Replay issues with Keepass

Post by Martin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:34 am

Hey

It's always a good idea to add the snapshot to the problematic element when you post an issue related to finding repository objects.

http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... files.html

But on the issue. Open the same item ('Day1Repository.Explorer.List1') on your work laptop and check the path for the item with Ranorex Spy. Quite sure it has a different path than your local PC has. Also might try to check the previous steps repository items as well.