Repo in dropdown found but sometimes not clicked

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
tomwolf

Repo in dropdown found but sometimes not clicked

Post by tomwolf » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm testing on a mobile application that does have a default lay-out for all of the dropdowns (this dropdown does open in a new page). Every dropdown has its own items and it's only possible that the listed items have a different lay-out.In my test I want to select items from several dropdowns (arround 12 dropdowns). Ranorex is alway able to find the items and most of the times Ranorex is also able to select the items (9/10). Sometimes Ranorex doesn't select the item although Ranorex thinks it has (1/10). I tried different combinations to see if it does make a difference, but it never reached 100% change of selecting the repo. I used the following combinations to find the repo-item:
  • EnsureVisible + TouchMove
  • EnsureVisible + Touch
  • EnsureVisible + PerformClick + TouchMove
  • EnsureVisible + PerformClick + Touch
  • EnsureVisible + WaitFor + PerformClick + TouchMove
  • EnsureVisible + WaitFor + PerformClick + TouchMove
Dropdown element.rxsnp
I did try to find the element by just picking the first item of the dropdown and I also tried to find the item by using the InnerText. This didn't work so I tried to find the element by making it dynamic. This meant that Ranorex has to find the element based on the InnerText and Class (see the attachments), but also this option didn't work.
Dynamic ID in dropdown.png
One of my collegues said that it could work with adding a Move action, but so far I can see there is no Mobile action that can perform the same Move action.

Does someone know a better solution to elements that are difficult to Touch?

Detailed description of my system:
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
Ranorex 9.1.1
Service App 2.0.3

If there is anymore information needed, I would like to hear!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Tom Wolf

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Repo in dropdown found but sometimes not clicked

Post by odklizec » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi,

You are right there is no Mobile recording-based Move action. However, you can change Mobile recording to Global recording (in Settings >> Current Recording) and then you should be able to add desktop-related mouse Move/Click actions to recording and use them with mobile apps. I'm not sure about Move action, but I know for sure that click and double click works with mobile apps ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

tomwolf

Re: Repo in dropdown found but sometimes not clicked

Post by tomwolf » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for your respons. I tried to use the click method, but everytime it performs a click I get a error. When performing a Touch action this error only occurred 1 out of 25 times. I'm talking about this error (this only happens when I make no use of the InnerText):
'Cannot click this DOM element because it was not fount in the selected WebView.'
Screenshot_1.png
When I do use the InnerText it doesn't give me this error, but just doesn't Touch the item.

The items only have a InnerText and Class. Could it make a difference if a ID is added?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Tom Wolf