repo item is no button error ... but it is

Ask general questions here.
sstowe

repo item is no button error ... but it is

Post by sstowe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Item 'xxxxx.yyyy.AccountGroupSummary.FirstViewButton' is no Button.
The element does not support the required capability 'button'.

But it is.

XPath:

div/div[3]//section/section[3]//table/tbody/tr[1]/td[1]/?/?/button[@innertext='View']

Snapshot attached. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Attachments
ViewButton.rxsnp
(132.67 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: repo item is no button error ... but it is

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi sstowe,

This error is indicating the action you are performing is not supported for this element type. Try changing button to buttontag. Did you manually create this RxPath or was it automatically generated?

/dom[@domain='6012-sbx.btbanking.com']//div[#'acctSummary-view110346']/div/div[3]//section/section[3]//table/tbody/tr[1]/td[1]/?/?/buttontag[@innertext='View']

Cheers,
Ned

dhale

Post by dhale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Just a side comment, I've also noticed that when I am tracking web items that are buttons, they get added to the repository as a "button" and not as a "buttontag". I've never really cared, as things usually work ok, or I just manually update the repo item path to buttontag when the above mentioned error is thrown, but I'm wondering if this is maybe something that needs to be looked into further?

I honestly don't recall ever seeing a web button get added to the repo as a buttontag directly.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 pm

dhale wrote:I honestly don't recall ever seeing a web button get added to the repo as a buttontag directly.
Hi dhale,

After some local testing, you are correct, button is used in the autogenerated RxPath for buttontag elements. However, when trying various actions on this button element, none produced the error reported by sstowe. sstowe, did changing it to buttontag resolve the error and are you able to provide more information about the action you were trying to perform? I would like to try and duplicate this error locally so I can further investigate.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ned

sstowe

Post by sstowe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Well in my case, it is full on operator error somehow. It is not even reporting as a button anymore. Some of these UIs make me... feel secure in my job. ;)