repo items arrangement

Ask general questions here.
maamer

repo items arrangement

Post by maamer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 pm

hello all,
ranorex automatically creates folders and subfolders to arrange the repo items from the recordings. i want the rxpath items to be arranged automatically in the rooted folders / simple folders i have created for each test case. how do i make the recording to do this?. or do i have to manually create repo items in my repo folders and drag and drop into recordings with invoke action ?.

thank you.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: repo items arrangement

Post by odklizec » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, you will have to make your own structure of repo elements. Recording is only a first step. After each recording session, you should cleanup the repository, rename recorded repo elements and crate your own structure of repo items. If you use rooted folders, Ranorex should eventually put next recorded items to rooted folder they belongs to. But still, its your responsibility to keep the repository clean and tidy. There is unfortunately no way around ;) This is why the recording sessions should not bee to long with too many recording steps. In my opinion, one recording session should be kept under 10 steps.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration