Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate this in my own solutions. I understand not being able to share your production solution, but is it possible to provide a small sample solution which duplicates this issue? We are also willing to sign an NDA and work with you privately so we can investigate this issue in your production solution.
Alternatively, you may be able to point out something I am missing in my local solution to successfully duplicate this issue. Here are the steps I performed.
- Created a new Ranorex solution and project ("Project1")
- Created a repository item in the repository located in Project1
- Added a Ranorex code module to Project1 and added a reference to the repository item in Project1
- Added a second project ("Project2") to the solution
- Added Project1 as a reference in Project2
- Added a C# class to Project2 and added a reference to the same repository item in Project1
- Renamed repository item in Project1
- Observed referenced repository item was automatically renamed in both the Porject1 Code Module and Project2 C# Class
- Built Solution