Report Screenshots are too small and appear at top of report

Bug reports.
tallahassee101

Report Screenshots are too small and appear at top of report

Post by tallahassee101 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:57 pm

We have a large report that is generated, about 50 tests, and when we get an error in the report and try to click the link to the screenshot it opens the screenshot at the top of the file and grays out the rest of the file. This forces the user to scroll to the top to see the screenshot. The screenshot is also very small and there does not seem to be a way to zoom in on the image through the report viewer, however if the image is opened in another tool zooming is possible.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Report Screenshots are too small and appear at top of report

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi,

the apperance of our Reporting files is based on a XSLT style sheet which can be eddited by yourself if you want to alter the apperance of these Reports.

It is not required to run Ranorex Studio to open a report file. You can also open the report file with the Ranorex Report Viewer from the Windows Explorer to have a bigger view.

Regards,
Tobias
Support Team

tallahassee101

Post by tallahassee101 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 pm

I typically use the Ranorex report viewer in Explorer when viewing the reports and this is where I see the issue of the screenshot appearing at the top of the XML file rather than at the current location. I'm not sure how/if this can be fixed through the XSL. Though both the location and size of the image appears to be more of a bug or bad defaults than a user preference.
If there is a way to fix these issues through the XSL, please let me know where and how.

Thank you

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi,

this is a bug. It will be fixed in 3.0.1 that is about to come up.

Regards,
Roland
Ranorex Support Team

tallahassee101

Post by tallahassee101 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Now I can see the image as it appears much larger than before, however it appears at the bottom of my browser window in firefox and about 1/4 of the image is off screen. It stays in the same position regardless of scrolling so I am unable to see the bottom 1/4 of the image.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:38 pm

The report stylesheet is optimized for Internet Explorer. We do not recommend to use the Firefox browser to view Ranorex report files.

Kind regards,
Gabor
Support Team