Reports crashing -

Ask general questions here.
rsudhak

Reports crashing -

Post by rsudhak » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi All,
I have run my tests for 4000 records through csv.I am unable to access the reports as it keeps on hanging and then crashing, tried saving it as html too but get an error when trying to open the file . It took 16.5 h to run these tests, so dont want to rerun it again, any idea?

Thanks,
Rajee

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Reports crashing -

Post by odklizec » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi,

From the numbers you've mentioned, it sounds like the report is too big and therefore reached system limits for opening large files (out of memory)? Are you using 32 or 64bit system and how much RAM do you have?

In the past, I reported a problem, where Ranorex allowed to create too big reports, which were impossible to open. I don't know if Ranorex folks already added some code, to prevent creating "impossible to read" reports? Anyway, the bad news for you is, that there is most probably nothing you can do with such large file? There may be a way to manually split the report into multiple separate report files. But it would require some investigation and manual editing of report file(s). And for future, you will most probably have to split your solution into multiple separately running tests. In other words, you should not run everything in one run.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rsudhak

Post by rsudhak » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:54 pm

64 bit win 10 , 8gb RAM.. any other solution ? like open in xml ?

rsudhak

Post by rsudhak » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Web Browser: Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive. I am getting this message. Also, I was able to view the report once. now I cant at akk

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:05 am

Hello rsudhak,

You can open the *.rxlog.data in a text editor, but for very long test runs you should consider converting the report to PDF.
You can get more information on how this can be done on our website: Convert your Ranorex Report to PDF.

Sincerely,
Bernhard