ReportToPDF compile error

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
dominik_F

ReportToPDF compile error

Post by dominik_F » Fri May 31, 2019 9:30 am

Dear community,

I tried creating PDF reports for my TestSuites.
Therefore I added "Ranorex Automation Helpers" to my solution and added those to at the end of the teardown.
PDF creation basically worked, but all files were overwritten by the last one (as described by someone else in
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/viewtopic ... pdf#p53012 )

There I read to update the nuget packages which I did.
I now have the Automation Helper in Version 1.5.3 (may 8th 2019) and the ReportToPDF v1.0.16 (May 3rd)
Since the update, the solution won't compile anymore as a reference is missing and the namespace "Ranorex.PDF" is unknown (intelliSense proposes to use it, but when building, it tries to access a exe, that doesnt exist ->
The reference refers to " ...\RanorexAutomationHelpers\bin\Debug\Ranorex.ReportToPDF.exe". This file does not exist though or cannot be build due to the missing reference.

The error is in "ReportToPDFModule.cs Line 156
I have not manipulated the file and let it use the default parameters for paths and names.

EDIT: the error message is (in german): Dieser Verweis konnte nicht aufgelöst werden. Die Ranorex.ReportToPDF, Version=1.0.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null-Assembly wurde nicht gefunden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Assembly auf dem Datenträger vorhanden ist. (MSB3245)

br dominik

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ReportToPDF compile error

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi dominik_F,

I suspect there is some old reference still in the solution which needs to be removed. This is a difficult one to troubleshoot without actually seeing the solution. Are you able to provided a compressed copy of it? If you wish to troubleshoot this in a more private manner, please create a support ticket and we will be happy to more closely analyze your solution and find what is broken.

Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,
Ned