Repository won't save properly

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
jt1

Repository won't save properly

Post by jt1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:50 pm

When I add items to the repository and then try to save it doesn't save on the same file, rather it acts as though I chose 'Save as...' and opens a windows explorer to determine a new save location. What might be causing this? How do I force the original repository to retain the changes?

Thank you.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Repository won't save properly

Post by odklizec » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi,

It sounds as if the repository file is read-only during your attempt to save it? Typically, such behavior is caused by version control system, which locks the files. Do you edit repository via Studio (with entire solution loaded) or via standalone Recorder tool (with just one specific recording file loaded)? What version control system do you use?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

jt1

Post by jt1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

I am using TFS 2015 and I generally edit with the entire solution loaded. Turns out restarting Ranorex wasn't enough but restarting my computer fixed the issue.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Ah yes TFS ;) I too experienced some problems with TFS myself. I guess you are using Ranorex TFS integration? I believe these problems are related to MSSCCI provider used by Ranorex TFS plugin. I would recommend to stop using Ranorex TFS integration and do all TFS-related steps via Team Explorer. You will not only get rid of all mysterious problems, but it will also make your Ranorex experience significantly faster (especially with larger solutions). Unfortunately, the MSSCCI provider-based integration is less than optimal. But there is nothing Ranorex folks can do about it.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration