Retry/Refresh the mobile devices

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
CookieMonster
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Retry/Refresh the mobile devices

Post by CookieMonster » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi,

Due to the problem that our Ipad gets disconnect from our internal LAN after 15-30min, if there is no traffic over WiFi, I have always to reactivate first the Wifi and then the I have to retry the connection by clicking the button on the Ranorex Studio. But after the reactivation of the Wifi I would like to start the script and the script should make the retry/refresh of the device connection, without that I have to click the retry button in the studio.

Which API I have to call, if I want to implement a retry or refresh call of the IPad / Android device in our test framework.

Regards
Dan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Retry/Refresh the mobile devices

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello,

Could you please provide more information about your issue?
Why does your device get disconnected?
Does it get disconnected during test execution?
Have you set 'Auto-Lock' setting to 'Never' as described in our User Guide for iOS Testing?

Regards,
Markus (T)

CookieMonster
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by CookieMonster » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi,

IPad is never in the standby mode, but if there is no traffic over the WIFI, we have the following problem after a test. The test script don't get interuppted, but if I connect the IPad to our internal LAN, after a period of time “around 15-30 min” the WIFI connection gets disabled, if your device is not transferring data.
I talked to out Telco team, they told me that this is a bug in IOS when you use a certificate for WIFI.
The problem now is, that the device can’t be reached any more, due to the lost WIFI connection.

What I’m doing now is:
1. Reconnect to the WIFI
2. Open the Spy or Ranorex Studio
3a. In the Ranorex Studio click on devices and then on the retry button
3b. On the Spy click on Retry Button.
4. Start the script

But if you have only a run time license, you always have to use the instrumentation wizard, reconnect (retry) the device, if you want to start an automation script.
Therefore I want to implement on the script a function, which does retry automatically. And if you start the instrumentation wizard, in a first step you only can select Android and if you don’t have a JRE 1.6 installed, you are a bit in trouble ;o)

I would like to implement something like, for e.g.

Code: Select all

public void RefreshDevice(“myIPad”)
{
//Some APICode
}
That after the reconnect to the LAN, I can only start the script

Regards
Dan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello,

There is another (hidden) way to do that problematically but it's not recommended at all.
We couldn't guarantee for any side effects, though.
If you really want to use this method, please write an email to [email protected].

Regards,
Markus (T)