Rolling back from 9.1.1 to 9.0.1

Ask general questions here.
arthur.martinez

Rolling back from 9.1.1 to 9.0.1

Post by arthur.martinez » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 pm

I upgraded to 9.1.1 from 9.0.1, and I wrote some tests. Then later, I was told that at the moment we are only supporting 9.0.1 and I have to uninstall 9.1.1 and rollback.
Now I'm getting this error message when trying to launch my solution: "File incompatible with this Ranorex version. The version '9.1' of the file you are trying to open is greater than the current Ranorex version '9.0'. "

Is there anyway to be able to use the tests I wrote on 9.1 using 9.0?
It's hard to believe Ranorex is not backwards compatible.
:| :| :| :| :|

Stub

Re: Rolling back from 9.1.1 to 9.0.1

Post by Stub » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:43 am

You probably just need to tweak the project files. Perhaps that'll work. Have a look at the differences to the files in your source control software e.g for things like

Code: Select all

rxversion="9.1"

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Rolling back from 9.1.1 to 9.0.1

Post by odklizec » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:53 am

Hi,

If you check the project files between major versions, you may find some structure and content differences. This is most probably why the files are versioned and why they are not backward compatible. Additionally, if you use new functionality from higher version, it will definitely render the solution useless in older version. In the past, I've also required to return back to older version, so I simply replaced version string mentioned by Stub, in all project files, using "search&replace in files" tool, available in most good text editors. However, from the reasons mentioned above, it may not always work and you may need to use a working copy (created with older version) and obtained from version control system of your choice.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration