Run a test suite name different fromthe assembly name

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
palbaret

Run a test suite name different fromthe assembly name

Post by palbaret » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi all,

In my solution I have different projects
for a given project, I want to have a testsuite which have a name different from the project assembly name.

For example, I have a solution with
  • a test suite testproject1 with an assembly name called: testproject1
  • a test suite NewTestproject2 with an assembly name called: testproject2
When I compile my solution in the debug folder, I have:
  • 2 exe file: testproject1.exe and testproject2.exe
  • 2 rxtst file: testproject1.rxtst and NewTestproject2.rxtst
If i execute testproject2.exe with the /ts:NewTestproject2 arguments, the execution is done. it is fine.

From Ranorex studio, if I want to execute the suite or a given testcase, I have the following exception:

Code: Select all

Unexpected exception occurred: Ranorex.RanorexException: There are multiple test suite files in the assembly directory. Please specify the test suite by using command line parameters or rename the test suite file to the current assembly name.
 à Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.GetTestSuiteXml(Type containerType, String fileName)
 à Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.Run(Type containerType, String cmdLineArgs, String testSuiteXml)
 à Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.Run(Type containerType, String cmdLineArgs)
Is there a way to get the name of the current rxtst file before calling the TestSuiteRunner.Run method?

By this option, I will be able to have many testsuite in my project, and be able to execute, develop them thru Ranorex studio and not only by command line.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Run a test suite name different fromthe assembly name

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Hello all,

I just want to inform you that we are already in touch with palbaret via mail in order to analyze the issue in more detail. The forum post will be updated as soon as we were able to resolve the issue. 

Regards,
Markus (S)

mmm1

Post by mmm1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi Markus,

I am also facing the same issue!
Please update me on this.

Customer ID: RX716101

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:57 am

Hi mmm1,

Unfortunately Ranorex is not designed to be used with two Test Suites files in one project.
When you start a test, the test suite which has the same name as the solution will be selected. Unfortunately it is not possible to change this behavior.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Markus (S)