run configuration

Ask general questions here.
fimo420

run configuration

Post by fimo420 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 am

Hi,

Im quite new at ranorex and have couple of questions about ranorex run configurations.
What im trying to do is like to split up my tests, ie.
Regressiontest, sanitychecks etc. different packages.
Maybe someone can point me into right direction?

I've looked into run configurations, have several in there but since they share the same test suite(dont know why ranorex doesnt let you have more test suites)so if i ad tests in the test suite, it will be shown in all other run configs. I mean there has to be away to do this, im just missing it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: run configuration

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi,
fimo420 wrote:I've looked into run configurations, have several in there but since they share the same test suite(dont know why ranorex doesnt let you have more test suites)so if i ad tests in the test suite, it will be shown in all other run configs. I mean there has to be away to do this, im just missing it.
Any help would be appreciated.
A run config only defines which test case in a test suite will be executed and which test cases wont.
To be exact it defines if the check box defining if a test case will be executed or note is checked or not in the test suite.
So, if you add a new test case to you test suite, of course this test case will show up in all run configs.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Team